Planning and monitoring
• Write fundraising plan.
• Set overall fundraising goals and weekly, monthly, and quarterly targets for each fundraising area.
• Work with the manager to coordinate and reconcile the fundraising plan with the campaign’s cash flow needs.
Appealing to donors
• Organize and staff candidate call time.
• Write and prepare copy for event invitations, direct mail appeals, and PAC solicitations.
• Plan fundraising events, including recruiting hosts and finance committee, printing and mailing invitations, soliciting and acknowledging donors.
• Hire and supervise staff, volunteers, and consultants (depending on the size of the fundraising operation).
• Recruit, establish guidelines for, and manage surrogates.
• Coordinate and enforce candidate’s fundraising schedule.
Complying with election law
• Supervise daily check collection, deposit, and financial report.
• Devise systems for tracking, thanking, upgrading, and reporting donors to state and federal authorities.
• Ensure that all campaign activities, including those candidate, surrogates, staff, consultants, and volunteers, are in full compliance with the law.
• Depending on the size of the campaign, prepare and file compliance reports (not recommended).
Projecting income by donor group and tool
- Identify targeted donor group and goal
- Calculate number of donors
- Calculate gross income per tool
- Review donor group totals
Projecting gross income
- Create overall summary sheet
- Project resolicitation income
Projecting cash flow
- Enter income projections
- Break down goal projections by month and week
- Calculate total by circle
- Calculate total by quarter